Your browser does not support JavaScript.To fully experience our site, please enable it.

Facebook pixel

New to buying used. Do I just take it to AT&T once I get a phone?

Inam A. on Swappa
Inam A.

Never bought used before and I'm with AT&T currently. Once I buy a device, do I just take it into an AT&T store and tell them to activate it? Also, am I limited to only buying AT&T devices or will they also activate an unlocked device?

Will Verduzco on Swappa
Will Verduzco

Hey there, Inam!

You are correct. If you purchase an AT&T phone (or an Unlocked phone), you can take it to AT&T and ask for a SIM card to insert into your new device. You can also order a free AT&T SIM card online through the AT&T website .

However, if you're upgrading from an existing AT&T device, the easiest way is to take the SIM card from your existing device and insert it into your new device.

Hope this helps!

Post your own reply to get in on the discussion...

Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to other sites. We may receive commissions for purchases made through these links.

Get Help, Fast

Email

[email protected]

Need help with a listing or a sale?

Submit Help Request

Helpful Links

Swappa's typical response time for help requests is around 20 minutes... That's really fast

Cart, Full of Deals

Your cart is empty :(

Login for Deals

Forums, Start a Thread

Forums, Reply

Cookies

By continuing to browse this site, you agree to our use of cookies to enhance your experience.