Your browser does not support JavaScript.To fully experience our site, please enable it.

Facebook pixel

IMEI

Barbara W. on Swappa
Barbara W.

I am trying to sell my unlocked, factory reset iPhone. I am unable to find this information and therefore can’t post to Swappa. Can anyone help me in how to find this info?

Will Verduzco on Swappa
Will Verduzco

Hey there, Barbara!

Finding the IMEI on your iPhone is pretty simple once you know where to look.

The easiest way is through the settings app:

1. Open the Settings app
  2. Go to "General" and tap "About"
  3. Scroll down to the bottom to find the IMEI number(s) for your device

If you have a newer iPhone with dual SIM functionality (e.g. Physical SIM and Digital SIM), please use the first number (Physical SIM).

Hope this helps!

Barbara W. on Swappa
Barbara W.

Will, thank you for your reply, however my phone has been factory reset. It is like a brand new phone. So there are no settings, icons, apps, etc. are you suggesting that I go ahead and start the phone up as a new owner so I can get to the settings?

Will Verduzco on Swappa
Will Verduzco

Unfortunately, opening the Settings Menu is probably the most straightforward way of getting your IMEI number.

Apple used to print the IMEI number on the back of older iPhones (iPhone 6 and below), but this is no longer the case on newer models.

The original product box should also display your IMEI number. However, we still suggest verifying that the IMEI on the box and the IMEI in the settings app match!

Barbara W. on Swappa
Barbara W.

Will. Thank you.

shankar N. on Swappa
shankar N.

the easiest way to find your IMEI number is to dial the following: “*#06#“.

Post your own reply to get in on the discussion...

Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to other sites. We may receive commissions for purchases made through these links.

Get Help, Fast

Email

[email protected]

Need help with a listing or a sale?

Submit Help Request

Helpful Links

Swappa's typical response time for help requests is around 20 minutes... That's really fast

Cart, Full of Deals

Your cart is empty :(

Login for Deals

Forums, Start a Thread

Forums, Reply

Cookies

By continuing to browse this site, you agree to our use of cookies to enhance your experience.